AREA SALES MANAGER
What's the role?
Based in Gothenburg, being part of the divisional leadership team and reporting to the Sales Director, we are now looking for a motivational leader who can build a strong team, develop the strengths of each team member and communicate and execute a vision for outstanding business results.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to our industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and first-rate service. With more than 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, we’re a great place for you to continuously get challenged and grow, and carve-out a long-term career.
What does the role involve?
As Area Sales Manager at Hilti you have full P&L responsibility for your sales region and commercial leadership with operational and strategic responsibility including customer strategy, pricing and personnel responsibilities. You will be leading, motivating and developing a sales team of 6-9 Account Managers and handling recruitment, talent development, performance management and structural changes within your team. You will have a close involvement in a range of commercial topics together with your Account Managers such as developing the business with specific accounts and negotiating contracts. You will be focusing on value creating and consulting sales, through your team, to our customers in the steel and metal industry in your region.
Being part of the divisional leadership team, you play an important role in in acting as a leader and driving the strategy for the entire division. This work is carried out in close collaboration within the leadership team.
Hilti Sweden proud to be ranked #1 in Great Place to Work – 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2018.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one coaching and frequent feedback, as well as exciting career development opportunities.
Why should you apply?
We have a diverse and inclusive workforce and offer a high performance yet caring culture. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and fast-paced environment where our purpose is to build a better future in the construction industry. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
What you need is:
- University Degree in a technical or business related field.
- 3-5 years of experience from leadership or from consulting coupled with a few years of experience from working in sales, marketing or other relevant areas.
- Strong conceptual understanding, commercial mindset and analytical ability
- Entrepreneurial mindset with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- People focus with emphasis on leading, developing and coaching.
- Strong empathy and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds.
- You fit and are attracted to the Hilti culture which is down-to-earth and with a balance between performance drive and people orientation.
- Collaborates well in a team environment and sensitive to clients demands and develops long-term client relationships.
- Proficient oral and written communications skills in Swedish and English.
- Geographical mobility is required for further career development within the organization
If you are looking for a career within a dynamic global organization, we look forward to receiving your application. If you would like more information about the role, please contact Sales Director Ellen Johansson at +46 705880464 or at Ellen.Johansson@hilti.com.