Assistant Project Manager to AstraZeneca. 50%-assignment
MODIS Life Science is now looking for an Assistant Project Manager to a consultancy assignment at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg. This is a 50% assignment during a 12-month period. How to divide the time over the week can be discussed. Start date asap. If you find the assignment interesting, send your application no later than 4th of October.
About the company:
AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. AstraZeneca is proud to offer a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Co-workers are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Development Quality provide Quality support and oversight for Pharmaceutical Technology & Development (PT&D) and Pharmaceutical Sciences (Pharm Sci) to ensure safe products for patients in the AZ clinical programmes, that appropriate quality standards are applied during the development phases and maintain our license to operate in the development manufacturing plants. We do this by strong partnering with the functions we support, with technically skilled employees making risk-based decision in a changing environment.
PT&D/Pharm Sci and Biopharmaceutical Development operate currently under two separate quality systems. The objective of the project is to deliver one pharmaceutical quality system across Development. Phase I of the project which is currently ongoing, includes integration of the quality owned business areas such as deviation, complaint, change control, risk management and will be delivered end of 2019. Phase II of the project starting 2020 will integrate the remaining areas of the quality system which are mainly owned by the technical functions. One integrated pharmaceutical quality system will streamline our delivery of robust products by operating to the same standards, facilitate a seamless and efficient transfer of development activities and facilitate collaboration.
Tasks and responsibilities/The role:
- Develops and manages execution of project plans for projects, including activities, resources, costs, roles, responsibilities and quality and ensures tracking of the project delivering on time and on budget
- Provides support to the Project Leader in planning, managing, and monitoring major projects from concepts through implementation and may also manage own smaller projects.
- Assists in the initiation, coordination and analysis of resource allocation, financial controls and documentation preparation
- Effectively manages changes to project scopes
- Establishes relationships with business stakeholders at the appropriate level to capture business requirements and ensure their understanding and commitment to the project objectives
- Provides support to the departments by gathering and analysing data in the establishment and/or maintenance of corporate business processes, procedures and policies
- Prepares presentation materials for management reports
- Develops online management reports and key performance parameters
- Evaluates and monitors the performance and efficiency of project to ensure that project implementation is on target
- Assists with the preparation of a variety of reports covering budget status, forecast reports and other management reports
- Works with project staff to prepare cost application and budgets for new business development
- Works on overall project planning through reporting on project schedules and deliverables
- Experience of managing small projects/programmes or in a similar role
- Well-developed organisational and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working application of policies, procedures and guidelines
Preferred experience and key factors
- Business degree / professional qualification in project management
- Experience of working in a global organisation with complex/geographical context
- Experience of working in Pharmaceutical CMC and/or Quality