Category Manager Procurement Distribution Sweden
Category Manager Procurement Distribution Sweden
Do you want to be part of building a European energy venture?
Vattenfall is now looking for a senior expert to fill the position as Category Manager Procurement Distribution Sweden. The role sits within Staff Function Procurement and provides support to BU Distribution Sweden. In this role emphasis will be on technical innovation and developments in the construction of substations.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s major distributors and producers of electricity and heat. Vattenfall’s main markets are Sweden, Germany, the United Kingdom, Denmark, Finland and the Netherlands. The Group has approximately 20,000 employees.
BU Distribution Sweden operates the largest electricity distribution network in Sweden. We connect new network customers and also maintain and invest in our network assets to give our customers a high quality supply 24/7. In addition to this, we measure and report our customer’s electricity consumption and generation. We are an efficient electricity distributor with quality of supply exceeding stakeholders’ expectations, and an enabler of sustainable energy.
Responsibilities of Category Manager
• The development and implementation of the strategy for the assigned category(-ies) in cooperation with Distribution Sweden according to strategy and goals of Distribution Sweden. Main categories in scope are construction of substations and overhead lines, and specifically technical innovation in these areas
• Ensuring the use of the category strategy(-ies) by FPDS sourcing managers tendering contracts within the assigned category strategy(-ies), jointly developing sourcing strategies for the related projects
• Alignment with category managers of related categories from other BUs and BAs, and global category manager, if applicable
• Coordination of tasks within FPDS within the assigned category(-IEs)
• Communicate, report and inform externally and internally to and from stakeholders (stakeholder management)
• Further development of related FPDS internal processes, for the assigned category(-ies) for the whole life cycle from TG0 till TG5
• Staying updated on industry trends and market conditions within the assigned category
• Analyzing data/insights to determine industry/market/supplier trends within the assigned category
• Supplier development within the assigned category(-ies) and in alignment with Supplier Account Management (SAM)
You will be the direct interface to Distribution Sweden in terms of category specific topics. The job include taking part in relevant forums where tenders/strategic topics from the assigned category(-ies) are on the agenda. You will support sourcing managers tendering contracts within the assigned category strategy(-ies) throughout the tendering process.
Experience and skills
- 5-10 years relevant working experience as project buyer & setting up new processes and strategies for supply chain and procurement in the energy, utilities or infrastructure industry
- Experience with contract management
- Experience with and knowledgeable of EU tender law (LUF in Sweden)
- Solid knowledge of energy business, understanding of regulated DSO business
- Knowledgeable of forms of contract like AB / ABT / FIDIC
- Significant experience in driving business with large spend suppliers in an international environment
- Strong negotiator with superior interpersonal skills, wide commercial interest and a strong credibility built through both business insight and leadership
- Close cooperation with project managers, technical colleagues, legal counsel, credit risk, insurance experts
- Managing projects to strict and challenging deadlines, you also have a strong commercial intuition
You are excellent in written and oral communication and presentation in Swedish and English. You have the ability to work across the relevant business areas: asset management, project management, R&D, Legal etc. to deliver complete solutions, products and services. To be successful you need have a strong ability to influence effectively to all levels of stakeholders. You need to be comfortable working with and managing external contractors / consultants hired for specific projects
To enjoy the work with us we believe you need to be:
• Passionate about setting up something new, building new processes and creating best-in-practice
• A high performing individual with a drive to successfully accomplish what is set to be done
• Analytical, with drive as a team player that helps everyone else to be better at what they do
• Personable and able to build effective relationships with cross-functional teams
You are passionate about being part of the transformation taking place in the energy sector. You are able to focus on the country and business specifics while actively participating in our international scalability and excellence across businesses.
Location for this position is Solna
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact hiring manager Eric Nilsson +46-70-3251844. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact responsible recruiter, Anneli Crispien-Jarlsheim +46-72 585 28 76.
Trade Union representatives in Sweden; Michelle von Gyllenpalm (Akademikerna), Anders Bohlin (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Juha Siipilehto (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the link below, no later than March 3rd.
Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure many of our positions are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation
Dela detta jobb