AkzoNobel har en passion för färg. Vi är experter i det stolta hantverket att utveckla och tillverka färg och vi har satt standarden för färg och kulörer sedan 1792. Vår förstklassiga portfölj av varumärken - inklusive Nordsjö, International, Sikkens och Interpon - är betrodd av kunder runt om i världen. Vi har huvudkontor i Nederländerna och är verksamma i över 80 länder. Våra 35 000 talangfulla medarbetare brinner för att leverera de högpresterande produkter och tjänster våra kunder förväntar sig. För mer information, vänligen besök www.akzonobel.com.
Our Category team is now looking for a Category Manager, who will help us service our 39 own stores in Sweden, Norway and Denmark and our wholesales business Färghandels kompaniet..
We work in an informal atmosphere based on diverse cultures, background and experience. We work as a team and aim to help each other to achieve our targets.
Your main responsibility as a Category Manager is to work as internal as well as external stakeholder. This is a role that require a strategic mindset as well as a will to work on an operative level when required. You will report to European Buying Manager, and the service is based in Malmö/Sege
As a Category Manager, your main duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Manage and develop the designated categories to ensure customer needs are met to deliver category sales and margin targets whilst considering all other commercial requirements and constraints
- Gain category insight and full market understanding to be an expert in the category through continuous competitor analysis, external or internal market research and through meeting with suppliers
- Responsible for conducting a professional sourcing and negotiation process for a specific category in accordance to the requirements of the internal stakeholders, meeting business needs and ensuring security of supply
- Working closely with Category Activation to identify and develop any in store opportunities also ensuring planograms work to achieve the optimal value and ease of shop.
- Identify and manage own brand opportunities
- Develop an annual product promotion programme, working with marketing to ensure a good mix of customer offers. Monitor and evaluate performance to ensure their effectiveness.
- Experienced procurement or category management professional with a broad understanding of a retail or trade environment
- Previous experience at a buyer level in retail or other significant supplier management experience
- Interpersonal and influencing skills with multiple stakeholders with different interests in a complex environment
- Ability to drive and steer multiple projects at the same time, ensuring a focus on business priorities
- Effective and experienced negotiator
- Fluent in English
- Good understanding, both verbal and written, in Nordic languages
Job requirements/Candidate profile
As a person you have Business and key financial understanding and a Strong result orientation drive. You are able to keep a business focus while driving multiple projects simultaneously. You have exceptional communication and presentation skills in both English and a Nordic language.
To be successful in this position we believe that you have an analytical and structured mindset way of working. You are a good team player with networking skills and you are able to drive the business forward. We believe you enjoy working in high tempo in a changing environment.