Diagnostic Project Manager to AstraZeneca
MODIS LIfe Science is now looking for a senior Diagnostic Project Manager for a 1-year consultancy assignment at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg. Send your application no later than October 13th. However, interviews are held continuously.
The Diagnostic Project Management group within Precision Medicine, is accountable for providing project and portfolio management to the AZ Precision Medicine portfolio to ensure successful delivery of diagnostic projects from initiation of development to regulatory approval, across all therapy areas, and to further optimise the delivery of precision medicines by defining and championing best practices. Furthermore, this group is responsible for driving continuous improvement processes, for providing accurate Precision Medicine portfolio information for decision making and business reporting, and for capacity and resource management.
The Diagnostic Project Manager will be accountable for the effective project management of a prioritised portfolio of diagnostic projects wihtin a Franchise (i.e. programme level), and will work across several cross-functional diagnostic project/ programme teams to ensure diagnostics are delivered within agreed time, budget and quality. To achieve this, the Diagnostic Project Manager will ensure best practice and consistent ways of working (as a key member of the Precision Medicine Project Management Centre of Excellence), and provide hands on project management.
The role depends on close collaboration with Diagnostic Franchise Leads, Diagnostic Team Leads and their respective diagnostic project teams - to implement the diagnostic strategy, with external diagnostic partners - to drive the delivery of the diagnostic, and with members of the Project Management team (Associate Diagnostic Project Managers, Project Specialists & Information Managers) who will work alongside you. You will be a key member of the Precision Medicine Project Management Centre of Excellence.
You will also be responsible for Franchise level project reporting, and will ensure that that the diagnostic project information (milestones, activities, resource and budget) is accurate within AZ´s enterprise planning tool (PLANIT, Planisware), to inform enterprise level strategic planning and resource prioritisation.
• Accountable for the effective diagnostic project management within a Franchise
o Ensures diagnostic project plans are aligned with drug development timelines
o Defines best practice and ensures a consistent approach to project planning, and delivery – to achieve project management excellence (as part of PM CoE)
o Coaches other Precision Medicine project team members assigned the franchise to ensure efficient management of projects
o Oversees all project plans, and investment proposals for governance
o Prepares Franchise level project reports to assess progress, enable resource prioritisation, identify synergies, align risks/ mitigations
- Hands on project management of multiple complex projects to deliver to time, cost and quality
o Creates and manages project plans to track and drive delivery of major milestones
o Manages project costs aligned to investment decisions, and FTE resources aligned to project needs/ forecast demand
o Creates and manages project risk logs, and drives mitigating actions with diagnostic project teams (also develops Franchise level risk management strategies)
o Creates progress reports to track delivery to time, cost and quality
- Accountable for ensuring diagnostic project information and costs, across the Franchise, are accurate within AZ´s enterprise planning tool (PLANIT, Planisware)
o Coaches Diagnostic Information Managers to ensure accuracy of project/ portfolio information
- Accountable for ensuring efficient operational running of Diagnostic Project Team meetings e.g. ensuring: prioritised agenda, strong facilitation to drive decision making, action management
• BA/BSc in relevant subject (or equivalent experience)
- Professional project management qualification (e.g. PMP)
- Expert understanding of Project Management techniques, tools and principles
- Extensive experience in scientific project management within a pharmaceutical or clinical background
- Thorough knowledge of drug and/or diagnostic development processes
- Experience of global team-working and effectively communicating with key stakeholders
- A professional, enthusiastic and proactive approach, with the ability to independently manage a diverse and demanding workload
• High-level understanding and interest in Precision Medicine
- Expert reputation within the business and industry
- Experience of using PLANIT (Planisware)