Market Development Health & Safety Manager Nordics/UK
Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and heat producers. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050 realising our vision of being Fossil Free in a generation.
We are now looking for the right person to join our team as Market Development Project Health and Safety Manager for our Nordic and UK based asset Projects in the Vattenfall development portfolio.
The purpose of the role is to manage Health & Safety aspects in developing the offshore asset projects, ensure Vattenfall meets its statutory obligations, industry or company requirements and Health & Safety ambitions during the development by implementing good practices to achieve high standards of Health and Safety.
This position is part of Business Area Wind, which is responsible for Vattenfall’s On- and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like Solar, Hydrogen and Batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation, solar and battery installations in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Provide Health and Safety guidance, coaching and support towards the Asset Project Development managers and the Market Development organisation;
- Ensure the Vattenfall Health and Safety Management System and culture programme is implemented within the Market development projects and organization;
- Drive and report upon the Health and Safety Performance and maturity within the development projects, Market development organization and associated contractors;
- Take part in the procurement processes for evaluating Health and Safety in the tender phases;
- Prepare the Asset project’s Health and Safety performance output to align with the Safety Assessment method;
- Coordinate project health and safety training, based on training needs analysis for the project and scope of work in line with the BA Wind training matrix and the project specific HSE plan;
- Ensure a smooth hand-over of the asset project to the Project Delivery Health and Safety Manager.
- You have a Master’s degree (or equivalent) level education
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in an international organisation, with demonstrable leadership experience in the different national areas of operation and across all scopes of work, preferably within the marine construction, energy and wind sector a substantial period of which must be in a H&S Management position;
- You hold a recognized qualification in Health and Safety Management (i.e. NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent);
- Experience managing contractors as client and/or principal contractor in all phases of project delivery;
- Extensive demonstrable experience of safety management systems and H&S auditing;
- Experience with Client / Contractor/Stakeholder relationships & management;
- Experience with the right coaching attitude to take Health and Safety leadership to the next level within the Asset Project.
- Full and detailed understanding of applicable H&S related construction and design legislation (UK and/or Nordic regions);
- Experience with H&S management and start-up through to handover of projects;
- Experience in delivering training to related Project Stakeholders
- Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written;
- You are motivated and supportive of the Vattenfall vision to be Fossil free in a generation.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
This position could either be located in the UK (London, Hexham), Sweden (Solna), Denmark (Kolding). Occasional travel within northern Europe should be expected after Covid times.
Sounds like this could be a match? We welcome your application via the website.
For more information about the position and the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Mark Brandau, Corporate Recruiter, via email@example.com
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our FAQ list in advance.
Due to GDPR regulations, we kindly request that you only apply via our website. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Dela detta jobb