Sweden, Skåne, Malmö
Business unit: Decorative Paints Europe & Africa
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
As Nordic Demand Manager you are responsible for the Demand/Forecast process where you work collaboratively with stakeholders across the functions of Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance. This role is key for ensuring that our business through the IBP (Intergrated Business Planning) process takes appropriate actions in case of gaps between sales forecast and actual targets. Your main focus will be together with Sales and Marketing to secure aligned and accurate volume forecasts. In your role as Nordic Demand Manager you will be a focal point of contact between Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain.
In this role the main tasks and responsibilities are as follows:
- Effectively manage the demand planning process towards Sales, Marketing and Finance, to ensure an accurate long term (24 Month) sales volume plan. Accuracy of volume forecats are key to secure optimal Supply and Financial planning.
- Prepare and facilitate the monthly Commercial Review within the IBP cycle, where you build trust and commitment with key stake holders.
- Drive the weekly Demand control meeting with the Supply chain partner to minimize stock outs and optimize Delivery Service to our customers.
- Daily liaison with sales force and supply planning manager to keep the plans updated.
- Identify and develop continuous improvements in current Demand Planning Process with the purpose of optimizing forecast accuracy, service level and reduction of SLOBs.
Job requirements/Candidate profile
We are looking for you with the following background:
- Graduated or MBA type education with at least 5 years’ experience in a Sales and Marketing organization or Supply Chain.
- You understand the market and like to work and drive customer needs and make them satisfied.
- Good communicator, influencer, structured, organized and action-orientated
- Able to facilitate discussions towards resolution and able to handle and understand different business cultures
- Understands forecasting tools and models
- System knowledge (SAP APO, SAP ECC and SAP Business Warehouse)
- Very good skills in Excel
- Language: English (fluent), native in one Scandinavian language and able to understand Swedish, Danish and Norwegian.
To be successful in this position you are an analytical person with openness for changes and new ideas. You have the ability to set the right directions and to drive important decisions in a big organization. To get your way through, you need to be enlightening but also convincing.
This is a position on full time basis based in Malmö, where you will report to the Nordic Commercial Operations Manager. Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For information about the recruitment process, please contact
For Unions related questions, please contact:
Unionen: Jörgen Dahlgren +46 708 35 52 49
Akademiker: Johan Vihlborg +46708 83 56 37
Ledarna: Boris Parezanovic +46 708 35 52 55
Elisabet Haraldsdottir, Talent Resourcing Partner, phone number +46 703 50 17 99.
If you have any general questions about your application or need assistance please contact: TalentResourcing.SE@akzonobel.com.
We are looking forward to your application!
More about the business
Akzo Nobel Decorative Coatings with the brands Nordsjö, Sadolin, Cuprinol, Pinotex and Hammerite develops, manufactures, distributes and sells paint, lacquer and filler products to professional painters and consumers. We are a Nordic organization with head office at our site in Sege/Malmö.
Do not forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.