Senior Business Developer
Do you want to shape the future? Join our journey towards Fossil Free Living within one generation.
Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producer of heat, with operations in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with an ambition to become fossil free within one generation.
Business Area Heat develops, operates, maintains and optimizes the full value chain of heating and cooling (energy-) networks and efficient heat and power production to serve customers and society with reliable heat and electricity in Germany, the Netherlands and Sweden and has started to develop its business in United Kingdom. We aim to grow by delighting our customers and being a preferred partner to cities and other stakeholders. We strive to provide efficient, climate-friendly solutions to the energy transition.
We are living in an interesting and challenging time period, if you would like to make a direct impact on the climate-neutral Europe, this would be a great opportunity for you.
We are now looking for a
Senior Business Developer
in our Heat business.
Your Job as Senior Business Developer
This position will be located in Berlin (preferred), Amsterdam or Stockholm, will be reporting to Director of Business Development BA Heat. You will have an excellent opportunity to work with an international team to develop our heat business in Germany, Sweden and Netherlands.
- Identify the new business opportunities for Business area Heat to contribute to our growth strategy and secure the long-term competitiveness of our Heat business
- Identify the needs for new products, services and solutions demanded from customers and to be truly customer centric, support in improving customer satisfaction level
- Drive and lead business development projects in collaboration with different stakeholders cross functionally
- Collect, consolidate and analyse relevant business case for the project to demonstrate the added value for customers and own organization
- Initiate, plan, budget. monitor and execute business development projects and secure a smooth hand-over to the local business unit.
- Work closely with strategy, sales and other key stakeholders and ensure the initiated project is strategic fit and well aligned.
- Be on top of technology trends, understand impacts from society tendencies (climate change & CO2 discussion, digitalization etc.) and its impacts for Business area Heat
- Implementation of new business models in BA Heat. Ensure the evaluation of the development projects in cooperation with the affected departments against the background of their feasibility on the market and in the required technical systems including IT
- Ensuring the coordination process including the presentation of business models to internal and external
Your profile as Senior Business Developer
We are looking for someone who has a University degree with passion into energy business, and strong believer in fossil free future. You have a minimum of 7 years of professional experience from a leading role in the field of Business development, sales, product development and/or Innovation management. You have gained valuable experience in working as experienced project manager and in an international environment. Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written. Dutch, German or Swedish language skills are a merit.
You also have broad skills in analysis with the ability to interpret strategy and drive business forward together with your stakeholders.
The ideal candidate should have the following experiences and background:
- Rich experiences in working in an international and cross functional environment
- Have in-depth knowledge of business products and related value propositions
- Understanding in depth how to build up business case and drive project forward
- Deep knowledge about current industry trends like energy saving, housing market etc. as well as customer needs for new digital life, good knowledge about heat Business, including decentral solutions
- Having experiences working in an agile environment
- Self-driven and highly motivated, open and have a growth mindset.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with staff on different levels of seniority.
- Organised, efficient, creative and capable of implementing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to maintain strategic goals and objective, deliver on the projects
- Fluency in both German and English
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
More information and your application
If you have any questions regarding the vacancy or recruitment process, please contact responsible Recruiter Anne Bräuer at +49 172 6867230.
If you have any questions for the Hiring Manager, please contact Likun Zakrisson at +46 725 651 792 .
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter as soon as possible via the application button on this page. Please do not wait until the last day.
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our generic FAQ page in advance.
We look forward to your application!
Dela detta jobb